Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trying to bloom

Ok so as you can see I love the phrase "bloom where you are planted". I remember it so well from the movie Facing The Giants. (if you have yet to see this movie, rent it NOW) It really comes from the parable of two farmers. Both farmers desperately needed rain to save their crops. One farmer prepared his field for the rain, and the other did not. One prepared his field trusting that God would send the rain when He was ready. The question is: which farmer are you? Are you preparing your fields to receive the rain? We serve a God that opens doors that no one can shut. He shuts doors where no one can open. In Revelations 3, God said, "I have placed for you an open door that no one can shut. I know you dont have much strength yet you have kept my word and did not deny my name."

God is not through with you. Until He is to move you, you are to bloom where you are planted. So it doesn't matter where we are in life. Some of us may be at the end of our rope and some may be on top of the world. Either place, you are meant to be right there. So start bloomin' people! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great word! Great name for your blog too. I'm still amazed at how inspirational you are to me...in the midst of your tragedy. Love ya! corrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie- I like this title too! you are blooming right now in this field of sunflowers- keep on shining and holding your head up high- debe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kellie, you amaze me. I could learn a few lessons from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title. It fits perfect. You are an awesome person who is full of strength and wisdom. Love to you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete