Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moments with Nolan

As we're sitting down to dinner tonight the following conversation followed. (that totally sounds like I'm introducing a reenactment)

"Mom, did you work today?"
"Yeah I did for a little while, why?"

"Why do you have to work?"
"Well mama has to work to help support us now? Is it weird having mama work now?"

"A little. If you die nobody will take care of us."
"Buddy, of course you would have someone to take care of you. Mama isn't sick. Daddy had something wrong with him that doesn't happen to most people. Most people live a long, long time."

"Well I will. I will take care of me and my brothers."
"If I died, you would have lots of people that would WANT to take care of you. But I don't want you to worry about that. Mama is taking care of us. And God is taking care of all of us. No matter what God will take care of us. You know that right?"

"Are you gonna get married again?"
"Ummmm...maybe someday. Why do you want mama to get married?"

"Yeah. Cause I want another daddy."
"Well buddy, even if I do get married someday, nobody will replace your daddy. It would just be ONE more person to love you. Daddy is still your daddy, just from heaven now." (big smiles)

"Are my brothers and you gonna go to heaven too?"
"Well....Someday."

"Well I don't want to go to heaven."
"Yes you do."

"No, you and my brothers can but I don't believe in God so I won't go to heaven."
"Nolan, I know you believe in God. Are you worried that if you believe in God you'll go to heaven NOW?"

"Yeah."
"Nolan remember we talked about heaven and how Daddy is all better now and that it is a wonderful place that if we believe in God we will get to live forever. You get to see all the people that died before us. Don't you want to meet Jesus in person?"
Big grin now... "Yeah."

"You know I how much I love you right?"
"As big as the planets?"
"How about as big as the universe."
"What's a universe?!"

1 comment: