Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Banana Muffins made easy!

I love to bake. I don't necessarily like to eat it though. I like to feed other people. I'm the perfect neighbor. My kids play in your yard and in return i bring you goodies. :) One of my favorite recipes from my mom is banana muffins because it's super easy and it's perfect when you have one rotting, realllly ripe banana because it only takes ONE. And you don't need a mixer.

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 banana and enough buttermilk to make one cup. Mash your banana in a one cup measuring cup. Fill the rest of the cup with buttermilk to the top equaling one cup.
pinch of salt

I'm sorry for not taking any "here's how it looks while mixing" pictures.

Combine all ingredients and pour into your muffin pans. My moms recipe says to bake for 7-10 minutes @ 350 but I found it's more like 12-13 minutes. I promise these are super banana-y even though it's only one banana and they freeze great! I use mini muffin pans because they are the perfect pop in your mouth size and get about 36 mini muffins out of this recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment